Boogie's class has a Teddy Bear Picnic tomorrow. I, the Room Mom, committed to making 3 dozen teddy bear biscuits. I received instructions that stated each bear was made from 1 1/2 biscuits, but I think it should have been 2 biscuits. if you try to make the ears from a 1/4 of a biscuit, you have to play around with it. By cutting one in half, the ears are a lot easier to attach.
Here are the original instructions I was given.
I tried to "paint" faces on the bears with butter prior to baking. I thought the butter would brown quicker and leave a"darkened" face. The opposite was true, and some of you are laughing because you knew that. I ended up with a barely visible non browned face.
If you look really close you can see where I "painted" a face and a spot on both ears. Or ...
maybe I can only see it.
I then decided to be a little more creative and used water and food coloring to paint the faces. Still not the effect I was looking for, but at least the kids won't have to eat faceless bears that look more like Mickey Mouse.
I then poked holes for the eyes and nose for a different touch. I can see the kids fighting over the ones they think look best. I should have just left well enough alone.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you were here.