It's been a while since I've received an award. I'm usually bad at following along. The new and improved 2010 model of me figures if someone thinks enough about my blog to give it an award, than I should treasure the award, the person it's from, and play along...dammit.
Thank You to my dear friend Sandy @ The Traveling Suitcase. Not only do I love traveling with you through your site, I enjoy our talks about wine and your great insight on family as well. 2009 brought many great things and I include our friendship on that list. Thank You!
Now, as you all know, awards come with rules and here's the list for this award...
(1) Thank the person giving the awards
(2) Copy awards to your blog
(3) Place a link to their blog
(4) Name 7 things people don’t know about you
(5) Nominate 7 bloggers
(6) Place a link to those bloggers
(7) Leave a comment on their blogs letting them know of their awards
Here we go...
7 things you may not know about me
1) I was 35 when I had my first child and 38 when I had my second. While I thought I'd be married with kids a lot sooner, I wouldn't change the timing of events in any way.
2) Everyone in my family has Life Insurance except me (The kids have had the Gerber Grow-Up plan since they were born). It's on my list of things to get in 2010. If you're in the business and can get me a good term life insurance rate , now is the time to speak up.
3) I used to play a pretty good game of tennis. Started when I was five and qualified for the Western Closed tournament when I was 16. I refused to go because it was the same week I was supposed to take my Driver's Ed test. Some things are just more important at that age.
4) I passed the 100 question Driver's Ed written test with flying colors...and then miserably failed my first road test.
5) I've loved to write since I was little and at 7 was producing a monthly newspaper (several pages) documenting all the events that had happened in our family (circulation of 4)
6) I want desperately to be crafty. I try a lot of things but haven't found any one thing that I'm really good at.
7) I'm in awe of people with more than 2 kids. I can't imagine having more and admire their organization and patience.
Now for the hard part. While I can definitely come up with more than 7 blogs to pass this along to, trying to pick seven that will play along and that haven't already received may be tough. Here's my list of nominees. Take your award, I think your pretty Kreativ
1) Grampy @ Grampy and You
2) Mama_Yarbro @ Now Seating: Yarbrough- Party of 4
3) Elle and Stacy @ Blue Monkey Butt
4) Anna @ Anna's Adornments
5) Stephanie @ The Blue Zoo
6) Ogladi @ MargaritaOn the RocksLots of Salt
7) Katie @ Katherine's Corner
Okay. There's my list. Check them out. As a final token of my appreciation to all my blogging friends...If I didn't mention you and you would like the award for your own blog...I'm sure you deserve it, so TAKE IT!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you were here.