Wednesday, March 24, 2010
The Squeakquel Soundtrack ~ I Gotta Feeling You're Gonna LOVE It
We received a copy of Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakquel Soundtrack as part of the #WBWord team. The kids were so excited when we found out we'd be getting it. We haven't seen the movie yet but it's on our list for Friday Night Movie Night. They loved the first one and were singing the songs for days so I knew this soundtrack would be a BIG hit.
It arrived on Friday. Friday was such a beautiful day. As soon as Boog got home from school we opened the package and threw it in the cd player. Puddin Pop was dancing all around the living room and demanded there wasn't enough room for her brother to dance with her. I guess the girl needs space. No Problem. I mentioned it was a beautiful day, right?. I grabbed the surround sound speakers and put one in each opened window and Boog and I went out and danced in the front yard. Music blaring, dancing in the yard...it was Friday. We had so much fun Puddin Pop couldn't resist coming out and joining us. It was like taking adipex without prescription. All that dancing is great exercise. Gets the heart pumping and really just makes you feel good all over.
There was plenty of room for everyone in the front yard. Boog even called over his friend from down the street. They wanted to see how far they could get from the house and still hear the music. No neighbors complained.
I love to dance around with the kids and I usually make them listen to 80's music so they were thrilled to have music of their own, sung by chipmunks, to dance around to. The soundtrack covers all favorites...
1. You Really Got Me - The Chipmunks (feat. Honor Society)
2. Hot N Cold - The Chipettes
3. So What - The Chipettes
4. You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) - The Chipmunks
5. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - The Chipettes
6. Bring It On - The Chipmunks
7. Stayin' Alive - The Chipmunks
8. Song - The Chipettes (feat. Queensberry)
9. It's OK - The Chipmunks
10. Shake Your Groove Thing - The Chipmunks
11. Put Your Records on - The Chipettes
12. I Want To Know What Love Is - The Chipmunks
13. We Are Family - The Chipettes & The Chipmunks
14. No One - The Chipettes (feat. Charice)
15. I Gotta Feeling - The Chipettes & The Chipmunks
This is one I highly recommend if your children like music and you're tired of the "kiddie" songs. No one can resist the sound of singing chipmunks. It's infectious. I think I'll put it in now for a little morning pick-me-up. It's that good. You can get your own copy here.
We received the soundtrack and other compensation to facilitate this review. The opinions and dancing are 100% mine.