Last week we received one of the best blogging "perks" yet. Just ask Puddin Pop. As a reviewer for Mom Bloggers Club, My Storytime friends sent us their interactive set. The minute we opened the box Puddin Pop grabbed out the bear, and she hasn't put "her" down yet. Beary has been to the grocery store, to church and a birthday party (but stayed in the car for the party) and slept with PP every night.
What It Is
The My Storytime Friends set includes a unique combination of a plush stuffed animal, an inspiring hardcover storybook written by award winning author Andrew Wolfendon and a lifetime membership to the My Storytime Friends Book of the Month Club. My Storytime Friends membership also includes free access to My Storytime Friends™ online, an interactive place to learn and play
My favorite part is the book-of-the-month-club. I love to read and truly want to inspire my children to read for enjoyment. There are so many options to receiving the new books each month that it's hard to choose.
Membership Benefits Include:
* Narrated online flip-book version of the Book of the Month
* Printable colored PDF copies of each Book of the Month story plus black and white versions for coloring. Hardcover copies of the books are available to members for just $6.95 with free shipping included.
* Access to educational, interactive activities on MyStorytimeFriends.com as well as additional offline activities for children and workbooks for parents.
* Audio-book version of each story
The books are really nice, hard-bound stories with beautiful illustrations. It's a great way to start (or add to) a library for young children. While one of my kids grabbed the bear, the other (age 6) went straight for the book. We've already read it several times.
Additional Online Benefits:
1. Children can catch up on their Storytime Friends between books by visiting the Newsstand.
2. Kids can interact with characters from the stories by sending and receiving mail through the Post Office.
3. The My Storytime FriendsTM online store features fun accessories and outfits for the plush toys available for purchase.
My Storytime Friends is a gift that keeps giving. Each month new stories become available. I love that the kids can check in on their favorite characters and even write letters to them. Having a first grader (Boog), I find that getting him to put thoughts on paper is sometimes a challenge. Writing a note to a friend is more enjoyable and why I think My Storytime Friends is an exceptional gift that grows with your (my) child.
Being able to "make friends" with their favorite storybook characters is a fantastic way to keep them involved and make them eager to read the next month's selection. The stories reinforce the lessons we try to teach our children everyday and, in my case, are probably better received from such adorable characters.
How can you get one:
Log onto My Storytime Friends and purchase one for only $39.99.
Enter to Win one Right here.
My Storybook Friends and Mom Bloggers Club have agreed to give one lucky winner this packaged set just in time for Christmas. Like every contest there are rules. I'll make them simple.
First Entry (mandatory)
Go to My Storytime Friends and tell me who you would like to get this for. (comment here)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for each action)
Follow More Fun Than Allowed...with Kids
Follow MoreFunMom on Twitter
Tweet about this contest (make sure to use @morefunmom so I can track) You can also just click the retweet button at the end of this post. You can tweet each day, just make sure to comment each time.
Contest ends Monday December 14th. Winner will be drawn Tuesday, December 15th with random.org.
Thanks to My Storytime Friends and Mom Bloggers Club for this awesome gift and giveaway!